January 31, 2023

Pjnews

Today's News Headlines, Breaking News & Latest News from India and World, News from Politics, Sports, Business, Arts and Entertainment

Ezra Miller pleaded guilty to trespassing, will face one year of probation

2 min read

Ezra Miller pleaded guilty Friday to unlawful trespassing in a Vermont burglary case.

Appearing in a courtroom in Bennington, Vt., the “Fantastic Beasts” and “The Flash” star accepted a plea deal to avoid jail time. They must pay a $500 fine and serve one year of probation. As part of the plea agreement, Miller agreed to 41 conditions, including no alcohol, random drug tests and a commitment to continue mental health treatment.

Miller, 30, was accused of breaking into a neighbor’s home last May and stealing several bottles of wine from their pantry. The actor was initially charged with trespassing, theft and petty larceny, the latter two charges have now been dropped. Had those charges not been dropped, Miller could have faced a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison.

In a statement diversity, Miller’s attorney said, “Ezra Miller pleaded guilty this morning in Vermont Superior Court to one count of unlawful trespassing and accepted court-imposed conditions. Ezra would like to thank the court and community for their trust and patience throughout this process, and once again acknowledge the love and support they have received from their family and friends, who continue to be an important presence in their ongoing psyche. health.”

The Vermont case is one of many controversies and legal issues Miller has faced in the past year. The actor was arrested twice in Hawaii, first for disorderly conduct and harassment and then for second-degree assault. Miller has previously been accused of strangling a woman at a bar in Iceland.

Last August, Miller apologized for their behavior and said they would receive mental health treatment. “After recently going through a period of intense crisis, I now understand that I suffer from complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” the actor said in a statement. “I want to apologize to everyone that I have caused concern and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing what is necessary to return to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”

The actor is still set to star in Warner Bros.’ “The Flash,” the superhero’s first solo film, debuts in theaters on June 16

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *