September 22, 2021

Pjnews

Today's News Headlines, Breaking News & Latest News from India and World, News from Politics, Sports, Business, Arts and Entertainment

Facebook, Twitter Yanke Trump Copyright with fake CNN videos – Post with variety

3 min read

Update: On Friday, both Facebook and Twitter removed a video posted by President Donald Trump – it appeared to have been aired on CNN after receiving a copyright-infringement claim.

“We have received a copyright complaint from the owners of this video under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and have removed the post,” a Facebook spokesperson confirmed. Diversity.

A Twitter representative added that the video had been removed from Trump’s tweet. “To us Copyright policy, We respond to legitimate copyright complaints sent to us by copyright owners or their authorized representatives.

On Thursday, Trump cross-posted a memo video on Twitter and Facebook that was docked with fake CNN chiron “Panic Toddler [sic] The racist baby is driven by “and” racist children are probably no Trump voters. The fake video, created by Carp Duncatum on a right-wing meme account, called CNN “fake news” and asked viewers to report “fake news” after watching it.

Hours after it was posted, Twitter issued a “powered media” warning to Trump’s tweet, the first time it had added that particular tag to any of his tweets. The video was viewed more than 2 million times on Twitter before it was pulled down.

The original September 2019 CNN story about a pair of 2-year-olds in New York was titled, “These two kids are showing us how to watch real-life engagements.” The feature included footage of a viral video shared by the children’s father on Facebook.

On Friday, viral-video licensing agency Zukin Media – which introduced Michael Cesnaros, posted the original video – filed DMCA complaints on Facebook and Twitter demanding the removal of videos posted by Trump.

“Yesterday, President Trump posted a doctored version of a video involving Zukin Media’s video partners on Twitter,” the agency said in a statement. Diversity. “Neither the owner of the video nor Zukin Media allowed the president to post the video, and after our review, we believe that unauthorized use of the content is a clear example of copyright infringement without legitimate fair use or other protections.”

Zukin added, “Individually, in no way do we endorse or endorse the manipulated video or the message it promotes.”

Two weeks ago, both Twitter and Facebook pulled a Trump campaign video, which included images and video footage of George Floyd, as well as protests and riots after Floyd’s murder by police, after receiving copyright-taking notices from them? Copyright of one of the images used.

Meanwhile, CNN’s public relations team responded to Trump’s fake video late Thursday night.

“CNN covered the story – just as it happened. Just as we reported your position in the nation (and the number of surveys), “the WarnerMedia-owned news network communications group Wrote On Twitter. “We will continue to work with the truth rather than tweeting fake videos that exploit innocent children. We invite you to do the same. It will be good. “

Zukin Media presents user-generated and viral videos to more than 50,000 people worldwide. The company licenses brokers to contract with the owners of these videos for distribution to clients in TV, advertising and digital publishing. To date, Zukin says, it has paid more than ties 25 million in royalties to video owners.

Separately, on Thursday, Facebook pulled Trump’s 2020 campaign ads from service for violating a policy banning “organized hate” with the Nazi symbol. The inverted red triangle in Trump’s ads was the designated Nazi symbol of political prisoners in concentration camps during World War II.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *