September 23, 2021

Pjnews

Today's News Headlines, Breaking News & Latest News from India and World, News from Politics, Sports, Business, Arts and Entertainment

Mick Brigden Dead: Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan Tour Manager 73

2 min read

Mick Brigden, a tour manager who worked with artists including The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Van Morrison, died September 5 after an accident at his home in Santa Rosa, California. He was 73 years old.

Brigden’s wife, Julia Dreyer, told the Brigden Press Democrats that her husband was on the property at the time of the accident digging a grave for the family’s pet dog.

Throughout his career, which spanned more than 50 years, Brigden worked as a manager and road manager for Humble Pie, Peter Frampton, the Taj Mahal, Morrison and Carlos Santana. He also directed tours for Dylan and The Stones, but he is best known for managing guitarist Joe Satriani for the past three decades.

Born in Southend-on-Sea, England in 1 in England, Bridgin moved to Toronto at the age of 1 to pursue a career in graphic art. In the late 1960s, he met Felix Papallardi of the band Mountain, moved to the United States and became their road manager. He soon met Bill Graham and began working for the legendary rock concert promoter, eventually leading the management department of Bill Graham Presents (BGP) with Arnie Pustilink.

In the late 70s, Brigadier and Pustilnik launched the Columbia-distributed label Wolfgang Records, signing Eddie Money as their first artist.

When Graham died in 1991, Brigden and Pustilnik, together with 13 BGP workers, bought 90 percent of the company, leaving 10 percent for Graham’s two sons. In the early 2000s, they sold the business and established Brigden MJJ Management, with Satriani as its sole client.

After many years in Marin County, California, Brigden settled in Santa Rosa in 2001 with his wife. Outside of music, he developed a passion for winemaking and cycling – his grapes were used to make the exclusive Owl Ridge cabernet, and he rode a wine Bianchi steel-framed bike from Italy.

“It’s an insane 33 years of rock ‘n’ roll,” Satriani said in a statement following Brigden’s death. , And everyone was by my side with Mick. “

He added, “He was the ultimate music business consultant. Honest, strict, nurturing, hardworking, respectful, strong, insightful, he was everything and much more. I learned a lot from Mick about how to be a better person. He has done the greatest and best work throughout his famous career, but always knew that it is important to be kind, respectful, cool and do things right.

Brigden is survived by his wife Julia, son Jack, stepdaughter Jessica and grandson David Marge. Donations in Brigden’s name can be made to The Human Society of Sonoma County.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *