Roku, ready for the 2021 holiday shopping season, has unveiled a brand new Roku streaming stick 4K যার priced at 50 50, just like the previous generation model. It is unveiling the Roku OS 10.5 operating system with a bunch of improvements, including new voice controls for Netflix and Spotify.
According to Roku, the Roku Streaming Stick 4K is 30% faster than its predecessor, which enables smooth streaming in 4K, Dolby Vision and HDR 10+. It has a newly designed long-range Wi-Fi receiver that provides twice as fast speed. Also, the company’s Roku Streaming Stick bundles the dongle with the 4K Plus ($ 70) Roku Voice Remote Pro, which provides a rechargeable battery, voice-activated lost remote finder, and hands-free voice support.
Somewhat confusingly, the previous Roku Streaming Stick Plus also has 4K and HDR support. For the new model, “We called 4K [in the name] Because we know that more and more customers are looking for it, ”said Mark Eli, VP of Retail Products Strategy.
Roku Streaming Stick 4K will be available at major US retailers and online in mid-October; The product will arrive in Canada, Mexico and other Latin American countries in the coming months.
Next to the media player, the Roku Ultra LT ($ 80) is refreshed with a faster processor, more storage and a new Wi-Fi radio that offers 50% longer range than previous models, as well as Dolby support Vision and Bluetooth audio streaming. The Roku Ultra LT will be available exclusively at Walmart in the United States
Meanwhile, in a limited-time promo with WarnerMedia, Roku is offering HBO Max’s 0-day free trial with every Roku streaming device purchased and activated between October 1, 2011-January. 14, 2022.
Roku OS 10.5: Feature Highlights
The upgraded Roku OS 10.5 has already begun rolling out on the company’s streaming devices, and the update will come in all the back-Roku players and TVs in the coming weeks. Key features include:
- Roku Voice: New channels that support voice commands for live playback include Disney Plus, Hulu and Pandora, as well as Netflix and Spotify. Also, customers can use Roku Voice to enter login information (such as email, password and PIN).
- Roku Mobile App Home Tab and Save List: The newly added Home tab in the Roku Mobile App includes zones, movies and TV show browsable collections available in top genre and popular / altu topics. Users can save movies and TV shows to the save list when they are in front of their TV again.
- Live TV Channel Guide (US only): Roku Player users can now add Roku Channel’s Live TV Channel Guide, which includes 200-plus free live TV channels, for one-click access directly to their home screen.
- Sound settings via the Roku mobile app (US only): Customers can now control the sound settings of their Roku audio devices, such as night mode, automatic volume leveling and speech clarity, directly in the mobile app.
- Roku Search Music and Podcast Rows: Spotify is the launch partner for a row that shows visual search results for music and podcasts.
- Roku Voice Help: A new menu that supports Roku Voice and provides information and examples of command types, such as how to search for movies and TV shows, turn on channels, play music, or control playback.
- New Surround Sound Configuration (US): Owners of the Roku Soundbar can now access additional speaker configurations with the introduction of sound compatibility around 3.1 and 5.1. Roku
Wireless speakers can now be used as front speakers, including the Roku Streambar, Roku
Streambar Pro and Roku Smart Soundbar are creating a 3.1 (left / center / right) or full 5.1
Sound system around when rear speakers are used.